Journey C+D Group is seeking an experienced and self-directed Lead Superintendent to provide on-site coordination for all phases of multiple construction projects, including coordinating subcontractors, material and equipment, ensuring that specifications are being strictly followed, and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget. Superintendent shall be responsible for scheduling, inspections, quality control, and job site safety.
Essential Functions / Major Responsibilities of Superintendent:
• Schedule subcontractors, consultants, and vendors in critical path to ensure timely completion.
• Perform quality control duties and responsibilities regarding the work being performed.
• Communicate with project team regarding ASI’s, RFI’s, and Material Submittals.
• Ensure that subcontractor is fully executing and complying with his contracted scope of work.
• Coordinate required inspections with local jurisdictions.
• Identify subcontractor non-compliance with safety, health, and environmental quality standards.
• Identify conflicts in construction progress and communicate them to project team for resolution.
• Maintain daily log (written) of activities on the jobsite.
• Perform Superintendent duties at multiple job sites, simultaneously.
• Ensure subcontractor has corrected all deficiencies identified by project team.
• Walk all units on project daily to monitor activities and assist in future planning.
• Preside over weekly subcontractor meetings designed to coordinate the work.
• Issue notices of non-compliance to subcontractors in regards to quality of work or scheduling.
• Ensure that the job site is always kept in a clean and organized manner.
• Perform job progress and completion punch list identification and completion.
• Assist in budgeting, bidding, and award of subcontracts.
• Assist in obtaining permits or approval of revisions.
• Gather project material submittals and maintain records of approvals at the job-site.
• Coordinate homeowner unit specifications with marketing staff
• Identify areas of work that are outside of subcontracted scope.
• Preside at pre-construction meeting with each subcontractor.
• Opening the jobsite at beginning of the day and securing the jobsite at the end of the day.
• Assist in hiring sub-tier employees.
• Responsible for and will be held accountable for the timely completion of the project and ensuring that the project is constructed in strict accordance with plans, specifications, and local codes.
• Schedule all subcontractors, consultants, and vendors, as well as ensure their completion of work within time allowed.
• Responsible for the coordination of work directed in the field, provide work is performed in accordance with plans and specifications.
• Conflicts or revisions to the plan shall be communicated with the project team (i.e. superiors, architect, engineer, consultant, owner) for mutual resolution, prior to execution of work that deviates from the approved plans.
• Establish and enforce job site quality control programs to ensure quality completion of construction.
• Superintendent does not have authorization to engage in monetary agreements (subcontracts, change orders, work authorizations).
• All requests for monetary agreements must be communicated to the Director of Operations/Finance for consideration prior to work performed.
• Failure to perform these duties will result in reprimand or termination.
Superintendent shall supervise all subcontractors, consultants, and vendors on a daily basis. This supervision shall ensure adequate manpower is available for each task and compliant work performed. This position shall be responsible for monitoring project security personnel. Superintendent shall supervise all Assistant-Superintendents.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Provide direction to and resolve problems amongst 30+ subcontractors and vendors.
• Ability to identify deficient work and provide resolution.
• Communicate using the following tools: telephone, written logs, email, computer, mobile devices, cameras, etc.
• MUST be able to effectively read architectural drawings.
• Endurance and ability to visit entire job site, including stairs or other elevated structures.
• Monitoring jobsite general health and safety.
• Manages difficult or emotional customer situations.
• Responds promptly to customer needs.
• Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
• Responds to requests for service and assistance.
• Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming
• Maintains confidentiality
• Listens to others without interrupting
• Speaks clearly in positive or negative situations
• Listens and gets clarification
• Demonstrates group presentation skills
• Writes clearly and informatively
• Edits work for spelling and grammar
• Presents numerical data effectively
• Able to read and interpret written information
• Balances team and individual responsibilities
• Gives and welcomes feedback
• Contributes to building a positive team spirit
• Puts success of team above own interests
• Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives
• Prioritizes and plans work activities
• Uses time efficiently
• Plans for additional resources
• Approaches others in a tactful manner
• Reacts well under pressure
• Treats others with respect and consideration
• Accepts responsibility for own actions
• Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
• Looks for ways to improve and promote quality
• Applies feedback to improve performance
• Monitors own work to ensure quality
• Meets productivity standards
• Completes work in timely manner
• Strives to increase productivity
• Works quickly
Safety and Security:
• Observes safety and security procedures
• Reports potentially unsafe conditions
• Uses equipment and materials properly
• Adapts to changes in the work environment
• Manages competing demands
• Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
• Is consistently at work and on time
• Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent
• Arrives at meetings and appointments on time
• Must be able to travel to the jobsite(s) as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
• Minimum of five years of verifiable experience, thorough knowledge of trades and be computer literate.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management preferred.
• Microsoft Office (Excel, word, project & Outlook) is a must.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• This position involves work at a construction site where duties will be performed both indoors and outdoors.
• Work beyond regular work hours may be required to meet project deadlines